New site hosting

Rick.Timmis Rick.Timmis at Abazander.com
Fri May 29 07:09:28 UTC 2015

Hi

Yes, I did ask myself that question too.. If it has anything to do with recent UCC events, then we should not do it for that reason.

I will try to firm up a hosting offer..

FWIW I just want to see the new site live  :-)

Rick

Sent from my Dragon 32José Antonio Rey <jose at ubuntu.com> wrote:I don't understand why are we trying to switch. The migration is halfway done.

On Fri, May 29, 2015, 01:04 Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Scarlett Clark <sgclark at kubuntu.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 28, 2015 11:36:09 PM Rick Timmis wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Perhaps I might be able to offer some help
>>
>> My company WiFiSPARK
>> Ltd has a pretty big OnApp / Xen cloud
>>
>> I know we are keen to contribute
>> to the Free software community.
>>
>> There is a very strong chance that we
>> would be willing to provide Server, Sysadmin and Support FREE as in Beer
>> ;-)
>>
>> Rick
> +1 to this ^ . I have never had luck with the mass production web hosting.
> Keeping it in house is also a good idea. I would offer up mine, but alas it
> occurred to me I already have to much on my plate to sysadmin another site.
> Scarlett

Hosting our own site right now seems like jumping the gun. However,
how about at least moving our kubuntu.co.uk content, plus mirroring
the Kubuntu.org mainsite? That way if we do have to jump, we'll be
prepared.

Rick, your offer is most generous. I would appreciate you finding out
if server, sysadmin and support would indeed be offered to us. And
what about bandwidth?

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez