New site hosting

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Fri May 29 06:03:33 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Scarlett Clark <sgclark at kubuntu.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 28, 2015 11:36:09 PM Rick Timmis wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Perhaps I might be able to offer some help
>>
>> My company WiFiSPARK
>> Ltd has a pretty big OnApp / Xen cloud
>>
>> I know we are keen to contribute
>> to the Free software community.
>>
>> There is a very strong chance that we
>> would be willing to provide Server, Sysadmin and Support FREE as in Beer
>> ;-)
>>
>> Rick
> +1 to this ^ . I have never had luck with the mass production web hosting.
> Keeping it in house is also a good idea. I would offer up mine, but alas it
> occurred to me I already have to much on my plate to sysadmin another site.
> Scarlett

Hosting our own site right now seems like jumping the gun. However,
how about at least moving our kubuntu.co.uk content, plus mirroring
the Kubuntu.org mainsite? That way if we do have to jump, we'll be
prepared.

Rick, your offer is most generous. I would appreciate you finding out
if server, sysadmin and support would indeed be offered to us. And
what about bandwidth?

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez