I need some help trying to reproduce a few things

Scarlett Clark sgclark at kubuntu.org
Wed May 6 15:02:38 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, May 05, 2015 10:35:47 AM Harald Sitter wrote:
> oh and btw backports ppa had copy fails ->
>
> Copying failed of kde-l10n-gl (4:15.04.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu15.04~ppa3)
> Remove notification
> Copying failed of kde-l10n-ga (4:15.04.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu15.04~ppa3)
> Remove notification
> Copying failed of kde-l10n-fr (4:15.04.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu15.04~ppa3)
> Remove notification
> Copying failed of kde-l10n-fi (4:15.04.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu15.04~ppa3)
> Remove notification
> Copying failed of kde-l10n-eu (4:15.04.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu15.04~ppa3)
> Remove notification
>
> On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
> > bug reports are usually what one does
> >
> > On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 6:05 AM, Scarlett Clark <sgclark at kubuntu.org>
wrote:
> >> I just got a message:
> >> Hello, Scarlett Clark! I just updated from Kubuntu Backports PPA, and
> >> noticed few issues. Probably, some of this issues is packaging issues and
> >> some other probably application issues. If possible, can please help me
> >> divide one from another and suggest which one where should be
reported?
> >> :)
> >> 1. Dolphin, press F4, konsole input part doesn't appear in Dolphin
> >> window.
> >
> > perhaps kubuntu_vivid_backports somehow didn't get this
> > https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kde-baseapps/4:14.12.3-0ubuntu3
> >
> >> 2.
> >> kdenlive, just crash on start, 100% reproducible. Doesn't crash before
> >> update.
> >
> > kdenlive 15.04 is qt5, requires newer MLT as otherwise it will load a
> > qt4 plugin (newer mlt in CI unstable repo). supposedly we should also
> > make sure the runtime dependency of kdenlive wants a high enough
> > version of libmlt6 (thing that has the qt plugin).
> >
> >> 3. System Settings > Icons > Emoticons, crash, 100% reproducible.
> >
> > bug report with backtrace
> >
> >> 4. KDE Telepathy 4.1 Text UI is always crash, error is: Invalid plugin
> >> factory for "kf5/emoticonsthemes/kde".
> >
> > bug report with backtrace
> >
> >> 4.2 Click on big icon in Instant Messaging
> >> widget doesn't bring up contact list, that works before.
> >> 4.3. Instant
> >> Messaging Configuration item in Instant Messaging widget properties
> >> doesn't open IM accounts list, that works before.
> >
> > ^ rather random descriptions. I think that perhaps meta-kde-telepathy
> > might be missing and thus the relevant parts of the 3000 telepathy
> > packages are missing as well. alas, supposedly we should fix the
> > dependencies so that they work even when one doesn't install the meta
> > (I actually thought I did that :'()
ktp issue resolved.. sorta:
Hello! Seems like issue with ktp-text-ui was because libkf5emoticons-bin
   wasn't installed. Installing of this package resolve ktp-text-ui crash and
   also systemsettings5 crash that I mention in my first letter. Maybe
libkf5emoticons5
   should not recommend it, but depend on it? Seems like with current
libkf5emoticons5
   dependencies libkf5emoticons-bin is doesn't get installed if aptitude has
   been used for upgrade from PPA. If this can help, I still have one laptop
   not updated so I can check if this package will be installed on update
using
   aptitude or not. [...]

Scarlett