kf5 5.7 utopic backports saga

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:13:37 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 4:17 AM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> writing the status here before we forget it..
>
> scarlett kindy did the backports of kf5 into utopic using the kubuntu-ninjas
> PPA (after some faff failing to get the kubuntu-next/staging ppa to accept
> them)
> they were copied to kubuntu-ppa/next but then we had reports of them causing
> failed upgrades so they were deleted
> I tidied up the backport of kglobalaccel which was breaking the upgrades
> Now when I try to copy them over to kubuntu-ppa/next it complains there is
> already that version of the package in kubuntu-ppa/next even though there is
> not
>
> if someone has the energy for it they can bump the version numbers in the
> packages in kubuntu-ninjas and get them all to compile again them copy them
> to kubuntu-ppa/next.  But i'm mostly out of energy for it :(
>
> Jonathan

Are we actually supporting next and next-backports for 14.10? My
broken system makes it appear that we are not.

I suggest that we remove the notice about those in the KDE wiki, and
suggest people either use one of the ISOs for 14.10 or install Beta 1
Vivid.

I've never had an upgrade leave me unable to login to KDE before. Not
a good experience. I know that the next and next-backports are testing
material, so I was fairly warned. But we've run out of time to support
them, so let's cut our losses and put our energy into Vivid.

Thoughts?

Valorie