[Merge request] [kubuntu-automation] Sort package names

José Manuel Santamaría Lema panfaust at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 11:29:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm attaching 3 proposed improvements for kubuntu-automation *-package-names
scripts:

* 01_dont_use_home_ftpubuntu.diff
I have removed the explicit use of /home/ftpubuntu/ when calling the sftp
process, this way the scripts will work for me too, my home is
/home/ftpsiduction. This way I can reuse your scripts, and this is good for
you too because it's easier for me to send you further improvements, see
below.

* 02_show_package_names_output_sorted.diff
This patch changes the scripts so they will show the packages list sorted.
Right now they are displayed in a "random" order which could change from time
to time (already happened to me). I think this is bad because if we update the
*.txt files containing the package names and the order changes, we can't see
clearly with bzr diff which packages where added and which packages where
removed. Please note that this is the very same reason why we have the
*.install files sorted in our packages.

* 03_sort_package_names.diff
I have updated here the *.txt package name files for wily using the scripts
with the patches 01 and 02 applied, so the package lists are now sorted. I
also checked the package name set wasn't changed by the script, just the order
(as it should be).

Thank you for your time reviewing these patches.