New Guy Intro -Getting involved.

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 08:18:21 UTC 2015

Hello Tim!

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 5:32 AM, Tim Apple <tim at apples.email> wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> This is the generic hey I'm new and want to help out email...
>
> Well I am coming to KDE/Kubuntu from using mostly GTK desktop
> environments for 10+ years. I have always been just a casual user. The move
> to KDE was spurred by Kontact. It is the only Linux PIM solution that seems
> to do it's job correctly without jumping through a million hoops for just
> partial success. So kuddos to the people that work on it and thanks.
>
> So in my short time using KDE and Kubuntu(I did mess with it in the 3.X days
> on Slackware) I see the KDE apps seem a bit better to me than what I had
> available on gnome, elementary, ubuntu....etc.. I like it. So I am here to
> stay.
>
> So to the next part. It's time to get involved. I'm a pretty busy guy, but
> would like to help out anyway I can. I am a middle aged fellow planning on
> going to school finally to study programming, but have no prior experience.
> But it is the direction I want to head. So I would like to mostly deal with
> packaging, bugs, coding(some day) but would need a little hand holding to
> get started. Again, I am pretty familiar with Linux in general but as a
> desktop user..never did any back end stuff.
>
> If help is needed else where I don't mind either....English is my only
> language so translations are out...but if you need moderators, evangelists, or
> anything else, point me in the right direction.
>
> I have subscribed to this list and can be found on the forums, twitter,
> telegram and IRC as @parzzix
>
> Thanks so much for your time,
> Kindest Regards,
> Tim Apple

Your email seems to have been overlooked in the rush to get ready for
Akademy, the KDE annual meeting where some of us are now gathered. I'm
sorry I didn't reply a month ago and invite you to meet with us.
However, you can still connect via IRC (freenode, #kubuntu-devel) and
Telegram if you use that.

We'll be meeting Wed and Thursday to discuss the future direction of Kubuntu.

All the best,

Valorie