[Merge request] Batch of patches for Plasma 5.3.2 with GCC 5

José Manuel Santamaría Lema panfaust at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:38:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have been working the latest few days on a set of patches for Plasma 5.3.2
built with GCC 5; if you are going to use the plasma staging ppa to build the
patched packages please note that before doing anything you must patch and
upload libqapt; the reason for this is that it needs to be rebuilt against a
newer xapian-core (who suffered an abi change) available in the "silo 16" ppa.

To update libqapt I suggest you to do the following:
1. Merge master into kubuntu_unstable
2. Apply the patches provided here:
http://gpul.grupos.udc.es/kubuntu_patches/plasma-5.3.2/qapt/
3. Create the kubuntu_wily_archive branch on top of kubuntu_unstable
4. Push your changes to git and upload the patched package to

All the packages in kubuntu_vivid_archive are buildable with GCC 5, status page
temporarily available here:
http://gpul.grupos.udc.es/kdenext_buildstatus_ubuntu-exp/ubuntu-exp_status_plasma.html

Also, I have rebuilt them again with GCC 4, status page temporarily available
here:
http://gpul.grupos.udc.es/kdenext_buildstatus_ubuntu-exp2/ubuntu-exp2_status_plasma.html

The complete set of patches is temporarily available here:
http://gpul.grupos.udc.es/kubuntu_patches/plasma-5.3.2/

Note that I have fixed at the same time a small issue in plasma-workspace, this
one is not related to GCC 5, but nice to have in git anyway.