git moves

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 21:52:02 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 05 August 2015 18:11:56 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> some changes to pkg-kde git today:
>
> I added kwallet-pam to plasma
>
> I moved kio-extras from plasma to applications
>
> I moved kgamma from applications to plasma
>
> I moved plasma-volume-control from kde-extras to plasma and renamed to
> plasma-pa
>
> kgamma is due to be released with plasma tomorrow versioned 5.3.95 but
> there's already been a 14.12.0 version as part of applications.  I can
> ask the release manager to rename the tar, any suggestions what to?
> kgamma-kf5 for example?

Hi Jonathan! First of all, it's not clear to me what do you mean by "moving".

If you mean from Ubuntu's repos to Debian's, that might or not be right. It is
right as long as Debian didn't have a special repo for it, it is not right if
we already have one.

Now if you mean from one path in Debian's repos to another path you should
leave a symlink. Stable packages still points to those repos.

Also we don't need new repos for stuff that already has one except maybe if we
need to keep both versions in the archive for some reason.

WRT kgamma, I don't see why we should have two of them.

Cheers!

--

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/