CI patches that are not in series file QA

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Mon Apr 13 19:29:20 UTC 2015

On Monday, April 13, 2015 06:32:48 PM Harald Sitter wrote:
> Another alohas
>
> While working on our patch parser today I noticed that there is a
> rather unfortunately large amount of patches that get removed from the
> series file but not from git (not until someone notices that they are
> unused anyway).
> So, I just deployed an all new QA measure checking for that and
> turning CI builds unstable where the contents of patches/ doesn't add
> up with what is listed in patches/series.
>
> Random note: since genuine upstream patches do get removed from CI
> branches they would potentially still dangle in a landing branch (e.g.
> kubuntu_vivid_archvie) if not removed correctly. This situation would
> however ultimately auto-resolve when whatever currently used landing
> branch gets a CI branch merged (i.e. the upstream branch would then
> definitely be removed).

I'm not sure if it's relevant to this or not, but there at least used to be
patches that were for Debian only and not Kubuntu that we'd remove from
series, but leave it the patches directory to keep the diff smaller/more
readable.  Even if this isn't the case for Kf5/Plasma5 yet, I'd guess it will
be in the future, so we ought to figure out what to do about it.

Scott K