Text of new Feature Tour page

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 09:31:48 UTC 2015

I don't know a better way to suggest my edits; please advise if there
is a better way.

"Browse your files with an easy to use interface" > Browse your files easily

dolphin

"Easily find that important Document, Picture, or Video quickly." >
Quickly find your important document, photo or video. (no full-stop,
or all full-stops: be consistent)

"With useful features such as Split View, Editable Location, a
built-in Terminal and many others." > Split View, Editable Location, a
built-in Terminal and many other useful features

"Browse images with a beautiful interface" > Browse images

gwenview

"Pictures are an important part of today’s life, with hundreds of
photos of family and friends.

That’s why we think that you should be able to view them easily using
a pretty interface.

Kubuntu comes with graphic applications designed for the home user.
You can browse, view, share and even enhance your pictures." >

Images are an important part of modern life. Kubuntu graphic
applications make it easy to browse, share and enhance your photos.

"Seamlessly open documents" > Open and read documents easily

okular

"Open PDF, Dejavu, PS, DVI and more out-of-the-box.

Annotate documents and fill in forms with Okular, the universal document viewer.

Okular reads eBooks too!" > Open PDF, Dejavu, PS, DVI and more,
annotate documents and fill in forms, and even read eBooks with
Ocular, the universal document reader.

Surf the Internet with Firefox

firefox

"Kubuntu comes with the  award-winning Firefox web browser by default.

More open-source browsers are available through Kubuntu’s software
repositories." > no change

Productivity suite

kontact

"Kontact is the productivity suite that does it all: email,
calendaring, address books, to-do lists, RSS feed aggregation and
personal time tracking.

Never forget important meetings with Kontact’s reminder service.

Keep track of all your projects and print to-do lists with the task
manager." > no change
Chat right from the desktop with your friends

kdetelepathy

"KDE Instant Messenger, Kubuntu’s instant-messaging client, lets you
chat with your friends over Facebook Chat, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ,
Jabber, Messenger, Skype and many more from a single interface.

KDE Instant Messenger comes packed with plugins that let you chat
securely, translate incoming messages to your native language and
more."

> KDE Instant Messenger lets you chat with your friends over Facebook Chat, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ, Jabber, Messenger, and Skype. Plus, you can chat securely, and translate incoming messages to your native language.

Multimedia made easy with Kubuntu

dragon-player

"Kubuntu comes built-in with a music and a movie player that are simple to use.

Simply select a song or a movie and Kubuntu will take care of the rest.

Kubuntu plays most music and video formats out the box; restricted
formats such as MP3 are installed with two clicks when needed, usually
during the installation process."

> Listen to your music or watch movies in Kubuntu. Simply select a song or a movie; if you use restricted formats such as MP3, installation is two clicks, usually during installation.

Music experienced on a different level

amarok

"Amarok, Kubuntu’s default music player, has an intuitive and friendly
interface.

It makes playing the music you love and discovering new music easier
than ever before—and it looks good doing it!

Add radio stations from your area, set up an alarm clock and burn
music CDs directly from Amarok." > Set up an alarm clock? Burn CDs?
Not since Amarok in KDE3, I think.

How about:

Amarok, Kubuntu’s default music player, has an intuitive and friendly
interface. Play the music you love, and discover new music. Make
playlists for parties, to burn to CDs, listen to local radio, or in a
language you are practicing. The possibilities are endless.

Complete and professional office suite

libreoffice

"Create professional documents, spreadsheets and presentations with LibreOffice.

LibreOffice is compatible with all office applications including
Microsoft Office.

The big difference is that LibreOffice is free (and promises never to
introduce Mr. Clippy)." - fine, no changes.

Given my druthers, I wouldn't describe Libreoffice at all, since it is
not KDE software, but we do offer it.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez