Kubuntu 15.04

Rick.Timmis Rick.Timmis at Abazander.com
Wed Oct 29 00:37:16 UTC 2014

Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:6On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 02:56:13PM +0100, Harald Sitter wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> >
> > Well done on a great job on Kubuntu 14.10 everyone, doing two flavours
> > of Kubuntu is quite a feat and I think we pulled it off well.
> >
> > Time to look at 15.04, Vivid.
> >
> > The big decision is whether to switch to Plasma 5.  My opinion is that
> > the stability is pleasingly good and there's only a few missing
> > features so we go for it and help out getting those missing features
> > in.  What do others think?
>
> What does upstream think?

The Plasma 5 release dude is all for it and the Plasma 5 dude who's
sitting next to him is also all for it.  Nobody upstream has said
anything against it they're just disappointed that we'd be shipping
Plasma 5.2 and not 5.3 (out the week after Kubuntu 15.04).

Jonathan

+1 Great news.

Rick Timmis