muon notes

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Oct 15 17:23:42 UTC 2014

I compiled Qt 5 muon today

This needs packagekit from debian (which might needs to be merged rather
than synced as harald said in an earlier post) and packagekit-qt latest
version compiled for qt5 (debian has latest version but only for qt4).

qca also needs compiled from kde git for qt5 possibly adding in this patch
to make it set the right paths for qmake to pick up
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/120600/
remember to remove your qt4 install of qca else muon will try to load that
version and it won't be happy

qoauth then needs compiled for qt5 but it uses qmake and doesn't get the
include path for qca right even with the above patch so I had to add to
src.pro. and it doesn't like to build srcdir!=builddir so I had to disable
tests from building and needs the libs_in_lib patch from our current
package to fix install paths.

then I could compile muon and after fixing some include paths it compiled
but the qml installs to the wrong place /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qml/
instead of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/

I had to remove the old qt4 package build of libmuonprivate else it'll try
to load qt4 and won't be happy.

and now it complains about not being able to find the backends so they need
to be moved
from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/plugins/muon/ to
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/muon/

and then it runs but fails to install anything if you ask it to in
muon-discover.  muon itself installs stuff fine but then gives an error
after installing but won't show details in the error dialogue box and then
crashes on quit.

So some work to be done there still :)  Would be great to get it into
kubuntu-ci soon though

Jonathan