Project neon

Scarlett Clark sgclark at kubuntu.org
Mon Nov 10 21:56:10 UTC 2014

On Monday, November 10, 2014 01:57:22 PM Michał Zając wrote:
> Please do, my PC is currently occupied by my brother so I am not really
> able to do anything.
>
> 10 lis 2014 11:12 "Harald Sitter" <sitter.harald at gmail.com> napisał(a):
> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
> >
> > <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi folks, we need to get our messaging in order about Neon.
> > >
> > > Our #project-neon channel topic is "Project Neon - nightly KDE and
> > > Amarok builds | https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/ProjectNeon/Packaging
> > >
> > > | https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/ProjectNeon/RecipeStatus |
> > >
> > > https://launchpad.net/~neon".
> > >
> > > Are any of these links still meaningful?
> > >
> > > In channel I've suggested that Quintasan change the topic to something
> > > like `Neon is no longer being supported. Please upgrade to 14.10 and
> > > use ppa:kubuntu-ci/unstable instead`

We seriously need to EMPHASIZE the fact that ppa:kubuntu-ci/unstable is not
for the faint of heart and SHOULD NOT be used by the general public. This ppa
is in constant state of instability and already this ppa is getting out and
people have things break... and as expected they COMPLAIN and want support. It
should be very clear that using this PPA is NOT supported and use at your own
risk...

--
Scarlett Clark
Kubuntu Developer