Theme idea for test.kubuntu.co.uk

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Nov 4 11:35:36 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 04:46:54PM +0530, Subhajit Mukherjee wrote:
>    I was trying to create theme for the test.kubuntu.co.uk website instead of
>    using a free WordPress theme. I liked the design of this,
>    http://solarweekend.com/nl/blog , website and wanted to implement
>    something similar. The only difference will be that, I plan to keep the
>    left side fixed for all the latest updates and releases and the rest
>    design would be the same , only a tad less flashy.
>    I just wanted to know if the design is appropriate for the website or
>    should I come up with some other theme.

I'm all for things being a bit flashy.  The page you point at seems to
be mostly blog entries and not too much static content but the kubuntu
website is mostly about static content, but your comments above tell
me you realise that.  (Plus there could be content from blogs and
social media if you can work out how.)  The one issue with this design
is it seems every blog post or page needs an attractive photo to go
with it and while all kubuntu developers are attractive I don't know
how many attractive photos we have of them so you would need to make a
collection of images that could be used.

But great, go ahead :)

Jonathan