[Kubuntu-council] Community Council catch-up

Rohan Garg rohangarg at kubuntu.org
Mon May 5 10:22:42 UTC 2014

> What I have so far on the CC meeting page:
>
> Issues for presenting to the Ubuntu Community Council
>
> 15th May 17:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting
>
> ============
>
> threats of legal action against Mint and other derivative distributions
> apprehension over Wayland/Mir situation
> we are missing our face-to-face UDS meetings with the rest of the
> Ubuntu community
> Expected: "things you're proud of, reviewing team reports together,
> outstanding things and plans for the near future, things you and your
> team are discussing right now, want to get input on from a broader
> audience, questions you might have."
>
> Please feel free to add to, change, or expand items for
> discussion/presentation. Also, the more Kubuntu members at the
> meeting, the better, even if you do not plan to speak.
>
> This was just off the top of my head; I don't know if we really should
> bring up the Mint situation, Mir, or lack of UDS. But we can if we
> want to. Please add to the page!
>
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/CCmeeting
>
> --

I am unsure if we want to bring up any of those points to be honest,
the wiki page also mentions :

"things you and your team are discussing right now, want to get input
on from a broader audience"

Since we're having a discussion about changing the KF5 release cycle
to a monthly one, does anyone think we should bring the tech board up
to speed with the situation and see what they think about it? Or is it
too early for that?

Cheers
Rohan Garg