LibreOffice

Isaac Mercer isaac at isaacscomputertips.com
Sun Mar 30 18:57:19 UTC 2014

If you go into the /usr/share/applications folder and open the .desktop file for the application so libreoffice-writer then what happens.

On Mar 31, 2014 7:52 AM, Mark Fraser <mfraz74+ubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:
On Monday 31 Mar 2014 07:41:16 Isaac Mercer wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2014 3:08 AM, Mark Fraser <mfraz74+ubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > An update to this, LibreOffice runs fine if I load it up by opening a
> > document.>
> > On 30 March 2014 08:44, Mark Fraser <mfraz74+ubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> With the latest updates of LibreOffice to 4.2.3 rc2, I am unable to get
> >> it to start from the launcher. It shows the splash, the window opens and
> >> that's as far as it gets.
> >>
> >> It does run from within Konsole, but it looks as if the Oxygen style
> >> isn't showing.

> What happens if you press alt-f2 and run libreoffice.

If I just launch LibreOffice and then go into the program I want then it
works, but if I try to go straight to LibreOffice Word or Calc for example, it
hangs as soon as the window opens.