baloo kf5 by default

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Jul 8 09:57:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 09:40:54AM +0200, Harald Sitter wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> > comments welcome
>
> how exactly would that work considering you cannot load qt4 and qt5 in
> the same application?

It's a Qt5/KF5 application.  The Qt 4 part that would remain is akonadi_baloo_indexer which is a separate binary and gets run by akonadi which remains Qt 4.

> also... since kf5 in general uses different ~/.data and friends while
> 4.x used .kde/share/*, is data migration tech in place?

Yes, but that's why I added that to the checklist to verify.  I'm not set on this but it's advicsed by vishesh so I'd like to try to see if it makes sense.

Jonathan