Fwd [ubuntu-release] Re: LTS status for Ubuntu flavours]

Rohan Garg rohangarg at kubuntu.org
Tue Feb 25 15:22:53 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 1:09 AM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, February 22, 2014 18:03:52 Phil Wyett wrote:

>> > OK.  In any case, I still have 5 year LTS.  In addition to the reasons I
>> > mentioned previously, I don't want to accept Kubuntu being second class
>> > citizen in the Ubuntu project in any way I don't have to.
>> >
>> > I think 5 years is working out for 12.04 (so far) and I don't think we
>> > should change.
>> >
>> > Scott K

Alright, after discussing this on IRC, a 5 year LTS should be doable.
However, IMHO we MUST transparently convey what a LTS means for
Kubuntu. Specifically, we should have a page outlining what support
means for Kubuntu specifically ( software is supported only when KDE
upstream supports it, there is absolutely NO support for software that
KDE deems unsupported ).

Cheers
Rohan Garg