[kubuntu-devel] please test Qt 4.8.5 for 13.10 & 12.04

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 7 08:49:02 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:13:40AM +0100, Harald Sitter wrote:
>> Ahoys,
>>
>> Qt 4.8.5 packages for Kubuntu 13.10 and 12.04 will soon be available
>> in our experimental PPA.
>>
>> ppa:kubuntu-ppa/experimental
>>
>> Please test this new version; if we don't get any complaints we'll
>> promote the packages to the kubuntu-packports PPA for general
>> consumption.
>
> It fails to install in 12.04
>  qdbus : Depends: qtchooser but it is not installable

Mh, not sure it is worth to backport qtchooser as well. Thoughts anyone?

(qtchooser essentially is a qt version of /etc/alternatives/, which
wires all qt tooling either to qt4 or qt5 ... so that you can have
qmake4 and qmake5 on the same system and conveniently switch between
the two, so it adds no value to 12.04 as such)

HS