CP rollout plan

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 09:00:06 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> oh, and I forgot....
>
> in Randa we talked about related stuff on the KDE CI side and in the
> long term we will hopefully get to a point where upstream CI actually
> provides 100% releasable tarballs on a daily basis (including
> translations and whatnot). so at some point instead of basing our CP
> off of a git branch we'd use a tarball from KDE CI. this other than
> having testing of release builds (with l10n and docs...) on both ends
> also means that we know that the tarballs we get are known to compile
> on upstreams systems, so arbitrary FTBFS from random breakage get
> taken out of the equation at that point entirely.
>
> HS

The biggest question I have about this, is how are discussions
proceeding with Debian about using their git infra for our CI? Any
other good possibilities? From your description it seems that git is
the only good choice.

What about localization, docs and other translations? It sounds like
this issue has not been fully solved yet.

Valorie