smokeqt in utopic

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Aug 22 16:25:27 UTC 2014

smokeqt doesn't compile in utopic, meh

The issue seems to be related to the change to GCC 4.9 but it's not enough to just export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.8

There seem to be two separate compile errors which occur in the same compile command.

When changing versions of gcc it's not enough just to run the immediately failing gcc command to fix it, I suspect that the error happens when smokegen is run and then shows itself when compiling with g++

This error:

 /home/jr/src/smokeqt/smokeqt-4.14.0/build/qtcore/smokedata.cpp:12:32:  was not declared in this scopeExtensionOptionerror:

is fixed by settings gcc in path to gcc-4.8 (not enough to just export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.8 )

This error:

 /home/jr/src/smokeqt/smokeqt-4.14.0/build/qtcore/smokedata.cpp:933:34:  was not declared in this scopeiteratorerror:

I haven't worked out how to narrow down.

All very annoying

Rex from Fedora says he has no problems with GCC 4.9.

Jonathan