CP rollout plan

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 20 18:48:34 UTC 2014

oh, and I forgot....

in Randa we talked about related stuff on the KDE CI side and in the
long term we will hopefully get to a point where upstream CI actually
provides 100% releasable tarballs on a daily basis (including
translations and whatnot). so at some point instead of basing our CP
off of a git branch we'd use a tarball from KDE CI. this other than
having testing of release builds (with l10n and docs...) on both ends
also means that we know that the tarballs we get are known to compile
on upstreams systems, so arbitrary FTBFS from random breakage get
taken out of the equation at that point entirely.

HS