[Merge] lp:~timo-jyrinki/kubuntu-packaging/qtchooser_qmlscene_fallback into lp:~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/qtchooser

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at canonical.com
Wed Aug 13 09:16:09 UTC 2014

The proposal to merge lp:~timo-jyrinki/kubuntu-packaging/qtchooser_qmlscene_fallback into lp:~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/qtchooser has been updated.

Description changed to:

RFC, a way to make a proposed patch not accepted by upstream restricted to qmlscene only.

Can be tested by:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:canonical-qt5-edgers/qt5-beta1
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade

on Ubuntu 14.10.

Upstream discussion: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/82702/

Unanswered questions, feel free to answer:
- are we happy with this kind of delta to upstream, or should we try to propose still another iteration of the patch (see upstream discussion)?
- would Debian want this, and with that, would KDE/Kubuntu want this and in its original form instead of the restricted-to-qmlscene? if not, are they ok with us doing this special treatment of qmlscene?

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~timo-jyrinki/kubuntu-packaging/qtchooser_qmlscene_fallback/+merge/230595
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~timo-jyrinki/kubuntu-packaging/qtchooser_qmlscene_fallback/+merge/230595
Your team Kubuntu Packagers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~timo-jyrinki/kubuntu-packaging/qtchooser_qmlscene_fallback into lp:~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/qtchooser.