Final thoughts/votes on Kubuntu Policy

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Aug 5 17:45:39 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, August 05, 2014 19:36:43 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> > Update done, +1 from me.  So that's me and Rohan.  Other council members
> > want to vote?
> >
> > Jonathan
>
> I just gave it a quick glance, until I missed something:
>
> +1 from me :)
>
> Regards, Myriam

I think that there are some changes needed.

1.  We have an agreed set of rules on what it takes to be a kubuntu-dev that
the DMB approved.  Any discussion of kubuntu-dev requirements should reference
that.

2.  Why is the KC the right level to decide on things like patch policy?  I
think the developers that have to do the work should decide.  I, for one,
think the notion that we won't apply known fixes because upstream is non-
responsive is silly.  I don't intend to be bound by it.

There are other things, but I'm short on time to review it.

Note: Nothing about how packages are updated really affect actions of other
Ubuntu devs, so I'm not sure of the point.

Scott K