Kubuntu Romania

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Sep 26 05:20:33 UTC 2013

This is part of what I got out of Google Translate:

> Glad finally you sent this email.

> To me , the Ubuntu community to be one, regardless Graphical user
> environment . Already there are all the necessary resources
> Conduct of business : from assistance in translation , testing and
> Development. A presentation page for Kubuntu maybe it was
> Necessary, but other activities should be common in the Much.

This is worth focusing on.  I agree that, to the greatest extent possible, the
whole Ubuntu project should work together.  As I read that, he's saying that
other things should be in common when they can.  There's nothing wrong with
that.

That said, he's not the final voice about what is and isn't "official" for
Kubuntu.  The Kubuntu Council is and you've spoken to us about it, so that's
decided.

I would welcome the offer to collaborate on other things, but make it clear
that the Romanian LoCo team doesn't get veto power over what other volunteers
do in Romania.  If he isn't willing to step back from trying to exert control
over your work, I'll be glad to take it up with the LoCo Council that oversees
all the Ubuntu LoCo teams.

I think you're on the right track, but, where you can, find things to respond
positively to.

Scott K