Kubuntu Romania

Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan ovidiu.b13 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 18:59:30 UTC 2013

I've received these messages on the Kubuntu Romania Comunity on Google+ from the contact person of Ubuntu Romania:

"/The initiator is asked to send a message to contact at ubuntu.ro/"

"/It would have been nice to contact the local [Ubuntu] team before initiating such a project. As a contact for Ubuntu team of Romania, I expected to know about such an initiative before its implementation./

/Please send an email to contact at ubuntu.ro. The other team members will also receive your message and we will discuss together. Ideal would be to present what you want to accomplish with this project./"

The Kubuntu Romania is located at: http://ro.kubuntu.org
The Ubuntu Romania is located at: http://ubuntu.ro (no mention of Kubuntu on that site. Probably it's name in a old post amongst the other Ubuntu flavors).

There wasn't any romanian Kubuntu comunity. Just a Ubuntu one with a forum topic about KDE.

There is no Kubuntu forum, mail list, IRC channel. There was no website (untill now).

I've found the Kubuntu Comunity on Google+ and have asked for their support (and received it) since I've started the site as a project on my server.

Could anyone please advize me as to what aproach should I take?

As far as I know Kubuntu is a different distribution than Ubuntu (though they still share some things) and that they have some history toghether, but they were never the same distribution. (I could be wrong here)
Anyhow, the Kubuntu comunity is a different one than the Ubuntu comunity, right?
--
Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan
GeekAliens.com[1]

--------