milou

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 25 11:15:54 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> I suggested the show desktop button on the panel is not much used and should
> be replaced with a milou applet if it becomes stable enough which several
> people agreed with

^ Some of those people (MG) agreed with replacing the showdesktop
because they do not like showdesktop. milou does not replace
functionality of showdesktop so it seems like a bad idea really, the
rationale for this button is that otherwise one has no way to get to
one's plasma widgets on the desktop. that's a rationale better met by
showdashboard (basically putting widgets on top of all windows) which
would equally make some of those people (MG) happy.

suffice to say personally I am opposed to the idea of preventing
people from getting to their wall of international clocks so they can
use a search which is not in kickoff for some reason, yet kickoff has
a search... I am rendered confused...

HS