[kubuntu-devel] Re: default screensaver/locker settings

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 13:00:58 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 02:25:54PM +0200, Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan wrote:
>>    By default it just shows that it requests the password, but when the mouse
>>    is moved, or any key pressed that just goes away.
>>
>>    It doesn't require the password even after hours.
>
> Yes, so my question is for opinion on whether we should turn it off entirely or set it to require a password.

require password

ALSO it should by default not have a soft-lock (e.g. displays locker
but doesn't require password until 20 seconds after locker displays).
It is the crappiest feature in the world because it makes you think
you need to type a password when in fact you don't. Additionally you
may end up typing your password into a mighty public IRC channel
because you were not paying attention or typing to fast...

HS