GUI Package Manager For Trusty

Rohan Garg rohangarg at kubuntu.org
Mon Nov 4 09:46:27 UTC 2013

On Friday 01 November 2013 07:53:37 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> It seems like Muon is almost unmaintained.  We should take another look at
> Apper (formerly KPackagekit).

I don't think it's unmaintained, Aleix is still working on it. Yes, things
have regressed seriously in 13.10, but instead of replacing something that
we've tested over multiple cycles with something we'll only test for a single
cycle ( and a LTS at that ) is not a good idea IMHO.

I'd rather actively work with upstream and get issues resolved than switch to
something completely untested only to find out that things don't work like we
want them to after the 14.04 release.

Regards
Rohan Garg