dear developers......

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Sat May 18 08:41:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 4:48 AM, Ho Wan Chan <smartboyhw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kubuntu developers are the top-of-the-bunch. Albeit, we sometimes are not
> familiar with certain aspects (in this case, audio). Not even me as Ubuntu
> Studio's Release Manager (I do video). If one doesn't get his support in
> IRC, he could have asked in Ask Ubuntu, Ubuntu/Kubuntu Forums and
> elsewhere. One shouldn't think that developers are geniuses. I think we
> need to make it very clear.

IMO what we need to make clear is that if it is a support topic it is not
for -devel. And by making clear I mean point it out three times and then
simply stop talking to the person and if they still ramble give them the
boot.

This may sound harsh but I guess one would also not go to the factory one's
car was assembled in and ask the workers there to fix the sound system...

HS