Systemtray upgrade chaos

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Tue May 14 09:41:24 UTC 2013

I took the attached snapshot yesterday before upgrading my parent's computer.
Apparently there is one icon for "regular updates", another for "distro
upgrade" and another for something else I haven't been able to figure out.

Once the "white" one was clicked Muon appeared offering me regular updates and
a KMessageWidget saying "New distro, upgrade !".

When the gear + green arrow was clicked, the distro upgrade happened (iirc).

When the bulb was clicked a dialog appeared saying "Run this action".

After upgrading and restarting the bulb is still there.

For 13.10, can we perhaps take a look at this process and make it more smooth?
perhaps unifying these 3 elements?