Kubuntu Council Elections 2013 - Nominations Closed

Ho Wan Chan smartboyhw at gmail.com
Thu May 2 06:23:48 UTC 2013

Hello Kubuntu Council members, election candidates and fellow Kubuntu
members,

I seem to have some difficulty in considering who to vote for (or, since we
are having 4 candidates for 3 Kubuntu Council seats, who not to vote for),
since all 4 candidates are well-established members in Ubuntu, Kubuntu and
KDE communities. All 4 of them have been doing substantial tasks for
Kubuntu. And I'm the newest Kubuntu Member. That makes the voting rather,
erm, complicated.

I have some sort of an idea: Should we hold some "election forum"? It can
be either in IRC or Mumble. Each candidate introduces themselves, then gets
asked questions by other Kubuntu Members and Users. This, I think, makes
the election a more informed one.

I don't mind if you all disagree, but I might have to consider drawing lots
for voting :) I would like to invite all Kubuntu Members to consider this
idea.

Finally, a thank you to the 4 candidates who are running for this election,
and I sincerely hope you can be elected to become the leaders of Kubuntu.

Best wishes,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw)
Kubuntu Member

P.S. Please CC me in every mail you sent, I am only subscribed to the
Kubuntu Development Mailing List, not the Kubuntu Users Mailing List.