[kubuntu-devel] Kubuntu LightDM and Ksplash theme

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Mar 26 17:37:34 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 05:28:59PM +0100, Tomasz Dudzik wrote:
>    Hey i want to propose a new lightdm theme and a kplash theme to fit with
>    the ldm for Kubuntu. We were working on this with Harald, but it still
>    needs some love. What do you think. Can we change upstream artwork or is
>    this rule hard to  change?
>    This is how it looks like:
>    http://madsheytan.blogspot.com/2013/02/lightdm-ciag-dalszy.html
>
>    http://madsheytan.blogspot.com/2013/02/kde-splashscreen.html

We'd be reluctant to change it, staying with upstream settings is
quite important to us and I don't think it fixes a problem since
upstream artwork is generally very good.  What do you think needs
changing?  On the lightdm theme it looks like mostly a change to the
wallpaper, is anything else changed?

Jonathan