Ubiquity Slideshow

Volkan Gezer volkangezer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 17:38:12 UTC 2013

2013/3/13 Harald Sitter <sitter.harald at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Volkan Gezer <volkangezer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 2013/3/13 Harald Sitter <sitter.harald at gmail.com>:

>> > Feel free to organize this.
>> >

>> OK, but before, I have some questions:
>>
>> *I know everything should be out-of-the-box and the display language
>> will remain in English. For this, do you think it is OK to use a
>> Virtual OS? It will reduce the performance a little bit and the window
>> manager effects, etc will be disabled... Do you recommend any tweaks
>> for VirtualPC for this?
>

> You won't get full desktop effects in a virtual setup, at least I have not
> seen this working a 100% recently. So really this ought to be recorded on an
> actual native installation with sane graphics drivers.

What about live cd? or any other options?

>> *Until what time should this be prepared?
>

> Well, it does not need to be tied into the release, however if you want it
> to be the video is required before mid-april at the latest.
>

>> *Will it be possible to include .webm (or any other formats you
>> prefer) before everything is installed? I could record a full-hd (or
>> 720p) videos for maximizing the video screen.
>

> No. What I would do is have it uploaded somewhere (youtube?) and then HTML5
> play it (should be working just fine in qtwebkit). Another option would be
> to explicitly upload it as webm somewhere and HTML5 play it. To that extent
> I think a recording should be of sensible resolution; one can always scale
> down ;)

Is it possible to install qtwebkit first? and what should be the
standard resolution for it? Also, I have no idea how to use subtitles
without embedding since we will use it for all languages?

Maybe kubuntu.org can be better and depending on the language we can
fetch the subtitles from another file...

>> *Do you have any preference or wishlist to add in the beginning as a
>> slogan (of course except for Friendly Computing ;) ) or as an
>> introductory video?
>

> Nothing comes to mind :)

I created a google doc. Anyone who has link can edit, comment, remove.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/114KBd6_CMQLpcReKhzUa1pXVPma35a7ctBhzD_qBLvU/edit?usp=sharing