Ubiquity Slideshow

Volkan Gezer volkangezer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 15:13:31 UTC 2013

2013/3/13 Harald Sitter <sitter.harald at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Volkan Gezer <volkangezer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Today I noticed the openSUSE welcome video. What about doing something
>> similar for installation if user has access to internet? Maybe voice
>> can be only English, but subtitles may be added for localization.
>

> Feel free to organize this.

OK, but before, I have some questions:

*I know everything should be out-of-the-box and the display language
will remain in English. For this, do you think it is OK to use a
Virtual OS? It will reduce the performance a little bit and the window
manager effects, etc will be disabled... Do you recommend any tweaks
for VirtualPC for this?

*Until what time should this be prepared?

*Will it be possible to include .webm (or any other formats you
prefer) before everything is installed? I could record a full-hd (or
720p) videos for maximizing the video screen.

*Do you have any preference or wishlist to add in the beginning as a
slogan (of course except for Friendly Computing ;) ) or as an
introductory video?

-Volkan