update kdelib

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Jun 11 18:20:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Heena Mahour <heena393 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> on sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and restarting I am still getting CMake Error
> at /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake:1390 (message):
> ERROR: the installed kdelibs version 4.8.5 is too old, at least version
> 4.9.4 is required .please help

Could you please be a tad more precise on which exact Kubuntu version
you are running? I strongly suggest you use version 13.04 and enable
the updates and backports PPA, so you can run the latest KDE 4.10.4
which is released for Raring (aka 13.04) since 2 days now. For more
information, please make sure you read the news on
http://kubuntu.org/news

Also, since you are a GSoC student, you should be able to find all
this on your own just by using the appropriated search engines and
read the basic documentation for both KDE (on techbase) and on
http://kubuntu.org and the Kubuntu wiki.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org