Browser selection from Ubiquity

Ho Wan Chan smartboyhw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:47:15 UTC 2013

I knew I am a new guy on Kubuntu, but here are my suggestions.

You see, I am also subscribed to Lubuntu's QA list. From what I saw in the
mailing list, updating Chromium is a difficult thing to do. Also I think
that since Chromium is not that stable (sort of like Google Chrome
Dev/Canary channel). I would not choose Chromium.

Firefox is much better. Less bugs, and more stable. Although it's KDE
support/integration is not well, it is still a strong solution. If not, why
would Ubuntu/Edubuntu/Xubuntu/Ubuntu Studio be still using it?

One thing that's great about rekonq is that it ensures good KDE
integration. That is one important factor to be considered.

So here are my suggestions: Keep rekonq as the default browser, but ask if
they want Firefox or rekonq at installation. We should also provide menu
items, so if people are installing Kubuntu on top of things like the mini
ISO, we could let them know they could use Firefox or Chromium.

smartboyhw