[kubuntu-devel] Re: [kubuntu-devel] Ubiquity refresh

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Feb 21 14:55:32 UTC 2013

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 02:47:52 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 02:21:51PM +0100, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> > What would be the minimal screen size we need to support? I know HP Mini
> > 1000 have 1024x576 screens [1]. Then there is the original EeePC which
> > had a screen size of 800x480 [2]. Do we want to support such resolutions?
>
> the EeePC one sounds excessively small.  I test it on a netbook which is
> 1024x600.

We should support 1024 X 576.  Trying to support 800 X 480 would require a lot
of redesign.  Also, when I looked into it, systems that small are designed
with local screen features that allow you pan around a larger display so you
can manage with things designed for larger screens (i.e. everything).

Scott K