UEFI laptops

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Feb 13 14:52:18 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 12:19:23AM +0100, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
>      >    The Lenovo G580 (-L- 390) is also a UEFI laptop. But I suspect I am
>      >    missing something and you mean something else by "UEFI laptop" ?
>      >
>       http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-G580-15-6-inch-Laptop-Bronze/dp/B009RGB5I4

OK this looks like what we need, I also found a Sony vaio with similar specs for about the same price which isn't available online.

I think Kubuntu needs someone who's a frequent and reliable tester with one of these to be able to test our images.

One option is I can buy one and test it, I don't especially need or
want a new small laptop but I expect I'd find some use for it other
than tested so I could go halfers with Kubuntu funding.  Would Kubuntu
council fund £200 to enable me to buy one?

Other ways would be for some other tester to ask the same.  Or for us
to take up Pau on his kind offer, I just don't know how often or
speedily he'd be able to do that, I think his mum might get annoyed
after too many tests.

Jonathan