Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Latest release

James Cain james.cain.25 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 19:25:23 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Hillier-Brook <phb at hbsys.plus.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: Fwd: Latest release
To: james.cain.25 at gmail.com

On 09/02/13 00:29, James Cain wrote:

> [...]

many thanks for your interest in my un-expected upgrade to 13.04. FYI I'm
pasting below the contents of /etc/update-manager/release-**upgrades

# Default behavior for the release upgrader.

[DEFAULT]
# Default prompting behavior, valid options:
#
#  never  - Never check for a new release.
#  normal - Check to see if a new release is available.  If more than one
new
#           release is found, the release upgrader will attempt to upgrade
#           the release that immediately succeeds the currently-running
#           release.
#  lts    - Check to see if a new LTS release is available.  The upgrader
#           will attempt to upgrade to the first LTS release available after
#           the currently-running one.  Note that this option should not be
#           used if the currently-running release is not itself an LTS
#           release, since in that case the upgrader won't be able to
#           determine if a newer release is available.
Prompt=normal

and meta-release.

# default location for the meta-release file

[METARELEASE]
URI = http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/**meta-release<http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release>
URI_LTS = http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/**meta-release-lts<http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release-lts>
URI_UNSTABLE_POSTFIX = -development
URI_PROPOSED_POSTFIX = -proposed

For what it is worth I'm running a fresh install of Kubuntu on an Intel
based laptop with EFI. Interestingly I'm also running Kubuntu on a couple
of desktops based on AMD-64 processors and standard BIOS and I have *not*
been offered the upgrade. The 2 files you requested appear identical on the
desktop machines with those on the laptop.

If any other information would help, please just ask.

Peter HB

--
James Cain