[kubuntu-devel] Re: [kubuntu-devel] Re: Re: KDevelop and upstream frustration

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Nov 28 15:55:20 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 04:29:51 PM Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 November 2012 14:46:26 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 03:40:03PM +0100, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > >    So why isn't KDevelop included in KDE? or by KDE here you only mean
> > >    the
> > >    KDE SC?
> >
> > Yes it's KDE SC, the exception decision was made before the rebranding
> >
> > Jonathan
>
> And can't we use this ambiguity in our favor?
>
> I don't think I should push for any of that in any case... What I wanted to
> do with this thread is to find solutions, not explanations about the rules
> that drove us in such a crazy place...

No.  It was very clearly discussed to be what we now call KDE SC (KDE support
is specifically excluded, for example).  As long as someone is willing to
commit to make the packages and there's an upstream commitment to limit point
release changes to bug fixes and not new features, it should be easy to get
KDevelop added.

I'm willing to go to the tech board and ask for an exception for KDevelop as
long as someone is willing to do the packages (I don't use it regularly, so I
really couldn't test it, so I'm not the right person for that.)

Scott K