Making folderview as default for all new users

Flavio Moringa flavio.moringa at caixamagica.pt
Fri May 4 13:15:40 UTC 2012

I guys,

maybe you can help me out here.

In Kubuntu 11.10 I managed to configure
/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
so that all the users I created had as default the "folderview" layout and
not the upstream "Desktop" layout, as also have the widgets locked by
default...

It was relatively easy to do... I just configured a user the way I liked
it, an then copied it's plasma-desktop-appletsrc (without the geometry
entries) to
/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config/...

But in 12.04 it doesn't work... it doesn't do anything... it's like the
file isn't even there....

What changed? Any thoughts or help? Any other way to do this?

Thanks a lot

Your's trully

--
*Flávio Moringa*