KDE Telepathy or Kopete

David Wonderly david.wonderly at kubuntu.org
Wed Mar 28 18:31:31 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 08:44:15 AM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 05:29:57PM +0200, Harald Sitter wrote:
> > KTP
>
> +1 from me for KTP.  I rarely found myself using Kopete and find myself
> running kde-telepathy all the time, mostly because it's easy to use with
> gtalk and facebook.
>
> But I'm happy enough to be voted down by kubuntu-council on that,
advantages
> either way.
>
> Jonathan

While I see the benifits of having one over the other, the question should be
what one are we willing to support for the next 5 years? This is an LTS
release and if Kopete is going to dissipear in the next 5 years and be fully
replaced by KPT then I would think that KPT would be the way to go.

So, if KPT is being maintained and has developers and Kopete doesn't, I think
for a support view KPT would be the way to go. Either one has pros and cons.

Cheers!

Dave