KDE Telepathy or Kopete

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 22:46:01 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 28 March 2012 00:30:43 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 08:26:40 PM Pali Rohár wrote:
> > Kopete also support GTalk (with voice calls) and Facebook
> > (thanks to XMPP).
>
> Well not really, you have jabber support but to configure
> gtalk/facebook you have to do all kind of weird stuff you
> don't really want to make the user do.
>
> about voice calls, never worked for me (and I tried few times),
> just like sending files, that should work but only do some
> times.

For GTalk voice calls:

Kopete has old version of libjingle included into svn tree.

Problem is that google (again) changed their API and seems that
actual libjingle code in kopete is incompatible with gmail web
plugin (and also incompatible with new version). Also google devs
made *.cpp files (audio output via mediastreamer) uncompilable in
last libjingle version (this is really possible). So this must be
fixed...

I sent patches which we have in kopete svn repository for
libjingle to google devs and all was included except one (which I
need to fix). When that patch will be accepted into upstream
libjingle I remove "modified old libjingle" from kopete svn and
voice call will depends only on external up-to-date google
package, which should work... I belive that there will be no more
incompatible changes in upstream libjingle library.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com