packaging ksecrets

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Wed Mar 21 12:53:57 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:16:39 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Hi, we're packaging ksecrets for Kubuntu.
>
> Some questions:
> Do you expect KDE applications to start porting?
Nope, most application will continue using the KWallet API that KSecret
provides.

> When an application gets ported will we as a distro have to handle migration
> of the kwallet data to secret?
No idea, Valentin Rusu can answer that.

> What is a good application to test this with?
>
> I have tested it with ubuntuone-control-panel-qt which gives an error
> "No such method 'ReadAlias' in interface 'org.freedesktop.Secret.Service'
> at"
>
> There are a bunch of test failures during package build e.g.:
>
> The following tests FAILED:
>           1 - KSecretsServiceClientAPITest (Failed)
>           2 - NoUiManagerTest (Failed)
>           5 - KSecretCollectionUiTest (Failed)
>           7 - FrontendSessionTest (OTHER_FAULT)
>           8 - KSecretSyncProtocolTest (Failed)
>     Start 8: KSecretSyncProtocolTest
> 8/8 Test #8: KSecretSyncProtocolTest ..........***Failed    0.03 sec
> ********* Start testing of ProtocolTest *********
> Config: Using QTest library 4.8.0, Qt 4.8.0
> PASS   : ProtocolTest::initTestCase()
> FAIL!  : ProtocolTest::testProtocol() 'server->handleRequest( request,
> response )' returned FALSE. () Loc:
> [/home/jr/src/ksecret/ksecrets-4.8.1/secretsync/tests/protocoltest.cpp(57)]
> PASS   : ProtocolTest::cleanupTestCase()
> Totals: 2 passed, 1 failed, 0 skipped
> ********* Finished testing of ProtocolTest *********

I few days ago I was thinking what's been going on with KSecret, haven't heard
from it for a few months now and I'd really like to see movement in this area
since in theory it will fix a few things KWallet can't do now (or can't do
without big hacks).

- Open the Wallet on login
- Manage certificates

Also, I'm not sure if GNOME is still thinking on providing a secret interface
:/

/me sends an email to kde-core-devel asking for this.