DrKonqui broken

Mitch Golden mgolden at mitchgolden.com
Fri Mar 9 17:33:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> On Friday, March 09, 2012 10:13:40 AM Mitch Golden wrote:

>> I looked at the code in DrKonqi (hard to type without the U) and I
>> realized that all they need to do to fix it is to add an HTML comment
>> somewhere on the screen that says "Managing Your Account" and that will
>> fix it.  I don't know why that would be hard.
>>
>> See here:
>>
>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/oneiric/kde-runtime/onei
>> ric/view/head:/drkonqi/bugzillalib.cpp
>>
>> take a look at line 250.
>>
>> Hopefully that can be done quickly.
>>

>> I would agree that the idea of screen scraping in this way is a bit
>> brittle.
>
> Interesting.  The upstream proposed fix is much more invasive:
>
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/104200/
>
> Scott K

What's being proposed seems like a good change for going forward (as I
said, screen-scraping in that way is an accident waiting to happen).  It
doesn't fix all the deployed code that's out there now.

The right solution has to be to add the words "Managing Your Account"
somewhere on the login screen - as an HTML comment if need be.

Can someone tell me whom I should send this message to?  I don't know if
the KDE bugzilla folks read this list.

   - Mitch