DrKonqui broken

Mitch Golden mgolden at mitchgolden.com
Fri Mar 9 15:13:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012, Harald Sitter wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 4:57 AM, Mitch Golden <mgolden at mitchgolden.com> wrote:
>> I see on this blog that DrKonqui is broken in 4.8.1.  No crash bug reports
>> will be submitted.
>>
>> http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi/2012/03/08#drkonqui_is_broken
>>
>> Can someone tell me what I might be able to do to help fix this problem?
>> It seems rather urgent to me.
>
> Upstream decided to switch their bugzilla to a new incompatible
> version, so they'll need to fix it. I know it was brought up at least
> yesterday and from what I read a solution is being envisioned.
>
> FWIW the break is affecting *all* releases of drkonqi, so they'll need
> to come up with a solution for many a great versions or bad things are
> gonna happen

I looked at the code in DrKonqi (hard to type without the U) and I
realized that all they need to do to fix it is to add an HTML comment
somewhere on the screen that says "Managing Your Account" and that will
fix it.  I don't know why that would be hard.

See here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/oneiric/kde-runtime/oneiric/view/head:/drkonqi/bugzillalib.cpp

take a look at line 250.

Hopefully that can be done quickly.

I would agree that the idea of screen scraping in this way is a bit
brittle.

   - Mitch Golden