[kubuntu-devel] Making Kubuntu more Efficient

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 25 12:31:33 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> It's very difficult measuring time on Kubuntu I fear.  In the early
> days of Canonical I used to be required to measure it (with
> ktimetracker or the like) and post it daily but most of the time I'm
> too interrupt driven for it to make much sense and eventually
> Canonical stopped that entirely.  A manual list of things I've done is
> part of the release team meetings but that's mixed in with the rest of
> Kubuntu and it missed out stuff not relevant to release team so
> probably not much use.

I am not suggesting the entire team should do it, but those that feel
comfortable following a task through in one go (or repeatedly stop
ktimetracker tasks ;)).  Also I think doing it at least once for one
month would be good, if any useful data comes up we can of course
consider doing it once a year or so.

HS