[kubuntu-devel] Re: seed changes in quantal

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 25 10:48:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 12:28:55PM -0400, Dale Trombley wrote:
>    I understand that libreoffice and openoffice are still easily installable.
>    But the push to default to something that doesn't support ms.office isn't
>    good.

It does support MS Office format, and reputedly better than
Libreoffice, but only for import.  Currently I think that's acceptable
because there are standardised formats which are well enough supported
and I think it's up to us free software users to encourage people
towards those standard formats.  Not an argument for all I'm sure and
we can vote on it nearer beta time.

Jonathan