seed changes in quantal

Felix Geyer debfx at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 22 16:45:33 UTC 2012

On 22.06.2012 18:13, David Edmundson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Felix Geyer <debfx at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>> kdm -> lightdm - likewise
>> Imho lightdm-kde still has critical bugs that make it unfit for Kubuntu
>> so I would have waited until they are addressed.
> Really?
>
> My bugzilla list is here:
>
> https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=131553&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&product=lightdm
>
> There's only two things in that list I consider critical and both of
> those are very nearly complete.
> Please, please add anything that's not there as otherwise I obviously
> won't fix it. Mark anything "critical" as such in bugzilla and I will
> make them a top priority.
>
> Dave

The two bugs I encountered are:
- The shutdown button doesn't work.
- When switching from kdm to lightdm-kde it didn't pick the KDE Plasma session (which is the only
one),
  instead logging in always failed until I manually selected the KDE Plasma session.
  I can't reproduce this anymore by purging lightdm and installing it again.
  Where does lightdm store the default session name?

Note that I only tested the version that is in the Ubuntu archive (0.1.1).
They might very well already be fixed in Git.

Felix